Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tokyo-a-go-go

It seems like everything went by so fast--tomorrow, I leave for Japan!

This is just going to be a quick entry, because, unsurprisingly, I've been incredibly busy getting everything ready the last few days. Time was strained a bit by a family reunion this past weekend, though I had a lot of fun at it and was glad I could attend and see family members from far away. But yesterday and today were pretty much spent scrambling around getting things packed, money set, last-minute things purchased (and sold--I ended up selling my old saxophone yesterday, so that's an extra $500 in my pocket I wasn't really expecting!), and goodbyes said.

I'm mostly nervous about changing planes tomorrow, and meeting Kayoko in Narita airport when I reach Japan. I think I go through customs upon entry into Japan, though I'm not completely sure. I found an app for my iPod that shows the layout of the Denver and San Francisco airports, flight arrivals, itineraries, and all kinds of SUPER useful things, so I'm really happy about that!

Tonight we're getting ready to go out to eat--my mom asked if I wanted her to make steak or something else really "American" for my last meal, but I wasn't really feeling steak, so I suggested we go out to eat. Since my brother's working tonight at the restaurant we both work at, I suggested we go there, and so that's what we're doing. It sounds kind of strange, since I work there and have eaten there a million times, but I don't mind, I really like the food :). And I don't want him to feel completely left out of our last meal together for possibly 9 months!

Anyway, even though I know nearly everything's packed and everything's ready as far as money and travel arrangements...I still feel like I must not be prepared! I finished packing 90% of my suitcase this afternoon (all that's left are some last-minute clothes I'm washing, a skirt my mom's mending, and a jacket)--we even weighed it, and it came to just under 40lbs, surprisingly (I thought my stuff would be way overweight!) Even knowing that I have that all done, and my carry-on almost packed, I still feel like I must be missing something. Hopefully this feeling will be gone by morning...

So, I guess that's that. The next time I blog, I'll hopefully be in Japan! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh crazy!! I'm so excited for you. Try and update once you're there! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so luck to leave early! Good luck packing and have a safe flight! See you during orientation! =D

    ReplyDelete